The Distinctive Blue Bellus Medical SkinPen Is A Safe, Effective Microneedling Device On The Medical Aesthetics Market. Microneedling with SkinPen® can help to improve your skins appearance, making it the market standard. How do you know if SkinPen® is right for you? If you’re searching for: A procedure that helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and smooth wrinkles, SkinPen® may be used on all skin types. A safe solution with little recovery time. Results from a minimally-invasive procedure A procedure for ongoing maintenance of healthy skin. SkinPen® is different from traditional microneedling derma-rollers that can bend, break or even rust, resulting in possible infection or scarring with reuse. SkinPen® uses adjustable length, disposable straight needles to penetrate at a 90-degree angle. This adjustability allows for differences in skin thickness and skin types. The vertical technology allows for extra precision.
SkinPen Safety And Technology
Advanced microneedling technology: Cutting edge, medical grade, anti-aging solution
SkinPen’s unique microneedling technology helps to improve damaged or aging skin by utilizing the body’s healing response. The lightweight and ergonomic design of the SkinPen® in conjunction with the vertical delivery of the needles allows physicians/skin care providers to use the device to treat hard-to-reach places that other dermal rollers cannot. The SkinPen® can specifically target delicate areas around the nose and mouth to assist in the collagen remodeling process. SkinPen® uses sterile, disposable needle cartridges that accommodate all skin types and needs. This specific combination reduces patient downtime.
Skinpen Skin Treatment Features:
- Exhaust port prevents suction and reduces risk of broken capillaries
- Bio Sleeve technology reduces the risk of cross contamination
What Is SkinPen
SkinPen® by Bellus Medical is a non-surgical, aesthetic microneedling device for the creation of “micro” skin punctures to improve the appearance of the skin. SkinPen® is an automated microneedling technology device designed for use by medical professionals only. It is the only U.S. engineered and manufactured microneedling pen on the market, with patent-pending, medical grade stainless steel needle cartridge. It is a disposable cartridge with a lock out mechanism ensuring single use only.
What Are The Benefits?
SkinPen® procedures are beneficial to assist in reducing the signs of aging, improving the appearance of stretch marks and/or acne scars, as well as to rejuvenate aging skin. The Benefits Of Your SkinPen® Microneedling Procedure Include: – Minimally invasive procedure performed in-office with little, to no recovery time – Noticeable results in less than a day – Safe for all skin types, light to dark – Effective on all body parts, including face, neck and décolletage – Post-procedure protocol for optimal results.
When will I see results?
Patients may notice healthier looking skin immediately. However, the natural repair process of your own skin continues to progress through the course of several weeks. Damage that has occurred over an extensive period of time won’t disappear immediately. You may not see the final result for up to six months following your final session. *Individual results will vary.
How Does SkinPen Work?
SkinPen works by creating a series of hundreds of microscopic channels into the dermis to stimulate the skin’s natural production of new collagen and elastin, helping skin to look and feel healthier. SkinPen® needles cycle at 100+ stamps/second, potentially creating 1600+ microchannels/second when moving the skin pen.
What is the downtime and what side effects should I expect?
The total healing time depends on each individual patient. Most patients have some slight swelling and redness/pinkness (like a mild sunburn) for two-to-four days. Some patients may heal completely in 24 hours. Click on the SkinPen® procedure page to see actual patient results up to three days post-procedure.
*Individual results will vary.
Does the procedure hurt?
Application of a topical anaesthetic to the skin prior to the procedure is always applied. This allows for a pain-free experience. During your consultation at Manor Farm Clinic a discussion what they do to ensure patient comfort during the micro-needling procedure.
SkinPen Micro-Needling Procedure
What you can expect from a SkinPen® procedure:
Real results for beautiful, healthier skin.
- A comfortable procedure.
- Based on your specific needs, your provider may apply a topical numbing agent to ensure your comfort during the procedure.
- A short procedure time.
- Procedure time may range from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- A mild sensation.
- Most patients report feeling just the slight vibration of SkinPen® during the procedure.
- Mild post-procedure effects.
- The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn.
- Soothing aftercare.
- Your clinician will provide Skinfuse LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to support the wound healing environment.
- A plan for optimal results.
- Your clinician may recommend a course of procedures based on your individual skin health goals. Maintenance of your procedure may be completed with multiple treatments to maintain optimal results.
- A post-procedure protocol to optimize your results.
- Your provider may recommend an after care regimen. Ask about Skinfuse, specifically formulated to support your skin post micro-needling in order to help maintain a youthful appearance.
Post SkinPen® Procedure – What To Expect
Results With No Significant Downtime. Actual SkinPen® patient captured in unretouched pictures over 72 hours. Patient age: 34. These results will vary by individual.
Bellus Medical raises the bar with SkinPen®, the only U.S. engineered and manufactured microneedling pen on the market. SkinPen not only delivers superior reliability, safety, and performance, but also provides peace of mind knowing it’s a product you can trust.
Safety Features of SkinPen
- Sterile, single use cartridge houses reciprocating mechanism typically enclosed in the pen. Single use of these redesigned cartridges ensures long term reliability of the pen and reduces downtime for your practice.
- Ingress protection to prevent any blood, fluid or serum present during the procedure from penetrating into the pen.
- 14 stainless steel medical grade needles create 1600 micro-injuries per second for increased efficiency.
- Bio-Sheath designed specifically for SkinPen helps protect your patients from potential cross-contamination, ensuring the fluids generated during the procedure do not pass from contaminated glove to SkinPen.
- Minimally-invasive with little downtime.
- Quality Above The Rest
- Medical grade motor certified at 7,000 RPMs.
- Clinically tested design to support ergonomic flexibility.
- Cordless with a medical grade battery giving you confidence for a full day use.
SkinPen stimulates your skin’s natural ability to repair itself
The variable depth (.25mm to 2.5mm) of SkinPen and the cordless design provide significant versatility to create change in many areas of the body, including the face, neck, chest, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back. The actual procedure typically takes 30 minutes depending on the size and number of areas treated and the severity of damage on the skin and results in little to no downtime for the patient. It allows for controlled induction of the skin’s self-repair process by creating thousands of precise micro-injuries in the dermis, automatically triggering new collagen synthesis without causing scar tissue formation.
The New “Face” of Anti-Aging.
Microneedling is gaining popularity as a healthier, cost effective alternative in skin rejuvenation. It’s quickly becoming a fan favorite and we can see why – the results speak for themselves!
To arrange an appointment at Manor Farm Clinic Please contact 01604 211443 or send a message via the Contact Us page